free counters We welcome newcomers!

Remember: if you participate with us, please link to and mention us in your post.

Monday 10 April 2017

20-N

      Hello and good morning, -afternoon, -evening, dear people who all participate is this wonderful photo-meme, which is a joy to me, week after week, after week. I’m always curious to what you come up with! 

 The challenging letter of this week is N and I've chosen for the word: Nothing

 

Thinking about that word... I realize that I think that it is a strange word because what does it really mean?  Does it even really exist? 

 In the province of The Netherlands, where I was born and raised, we have flat land, and much much much empty spaces like you see on my photo. One could say, there is nothing but is that really true? 

Can one see nothing, can one hear nothing, can one feel nothing? I would say: No one can not because there is always something, no matter how small, invisible even maybe, but still, there is something. To be seen, to be heard, to be felt. 

 In another way... having to live with a bi-polar disorder... nothing is a word that can frighten me sometimes. How strange is that, as I am convinced at the same time that 'nothing' does not exist? Still my conviction does not always have the upperhand. Feeling 'nothing' is not possible but feeling 'alone' in the sense that there is nothing / nobody for you at such a desperate moment... makes anxious. 

 Nothing... if it were up to me I would erase that word in any language, or change it into something which tells us that it is something 'strange', non existent even perhaps.  

What ever it really it... we all see, we all hear, we all feel. 
We all are human and living. 
Life is, however less it sometimes might look, never nothing but always something.

 I am very curious to your ideas about this word, so please share them with me?   

Have a nice ABC-Wednesday-day / - week ~ 
♫ M e l o d y ♫ (ABC-W-team) 
(preview Round 21)
***


9 comments:

  1. Thank you Nora for your comment... and I totally agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing - the word- is indeed intriguing.
    While in real life, everything is intriguing :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Anita... thats why I wrote my entry about it ;-)

      Delete
  3. It reminds me on little kids who are in trouble. When a parent asks them, "What are yo doing?" They invariably say, "Nothing!" Of course they give a more subtle answer when they get older:) A happy Easter to you, Melody!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;-) As Dutch.. I always wonder in US tv-series why people say 'I didn't do nothing'.. which in fact means that they admit to doing everything they're accused of ;-)

      Thank you Jeannette, likewise.

      Delete
  4. True, Melody. There is always something around...
    My "N" is the sad tale of NEWT and NUMBAT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nick, nice to see we agree ;-)

      I will visit you shortly.

      Delete
  5. If there was "nothing" then there also would not be "non-existent". In other words, we have no knowledge that there is such a state of being. I wonder if it's better not to know. You have me thinking, Melody. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You say what I often think Su-sieee .... people often say: knowledge is power... maybe that it true but i always say: knowledge is despair ... I always experience that when I learn something new questions rise. In an emotional frame to know something is not always making one happier. So indeed... I think sometimes its better not to know at all.

      You are welcome Su-sieee

      Delete